A mix of the best: A banana-peanutbutter-milk shake stuffed in an equally awesome chocolate cake. Why you have to try it? It tastes wonderfully juicy, chocolaty and laxly. The recipe is simple and quickly made. Furthermore, this is an excellent way to utilize your overripe bananas, which help the cake to get its banana-ish aroma.
Preparation time: 30 min Baking time: 70 min Total time: 1 hr 40 min
Portion size: 1 Bundt pan ø 22 cm
- 325 g whole wheat flour
- 50 g starch
- 1 sachet baking powder (vegan)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 100-150 g sugar (the riper your bananas the less sugar you need to add)
- 250 g vegan dark chocolate
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (approx. 200 g without skin)
- 50 g peanut butter
- 340 ml plant milk
- 150 ml oil, neutrally flavoured (e.g. sunflower oil)
- 3 tablespoons rum or 5-10 ml rum aroma, resp.
- Icing sugar to dust
- Grease a ring-shaped cake tin and dust with breadcrumbs. (absolutely not to forget!)
I personally prefer breadcrumbs to flour because the crumbs have a similar colour like the cake and and are nearly unvisible after removing the tin 🙂
- Preheat oven to 175°C (top/bottom heat).
- Mix flour, starch and baking powder and sift into a bowl.
- Cut the chocolate in small pieces.
- Add salt, sugar, vanilla sugar and chocolate flakes to the bowl and mix shortly with a whisk.
- Now put bananas, peanut butter, milk, rum and oil in a blender and mix to a shake.
- Pour the banana-peanutbutter-shake in the mixing bowl and stir with a whisk only until all ingredients just combined. It’s not a problem if there are some lumps left in the dough, they will dissolve later during baking.
- Place the dough in the Bandt pan and smooth down the pastry.
- Bake in the oven in the middle rack for ca. 70 minutes. If the cake starts to get dark on top beforehand, cover with aluminium foil. Let it cool for 15 minutes, then turn onto a cake rack and let it cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritional values for 1 ring cake (refering to oat milk and sunflower oil)
Calories: 4793 kcal Total Fat: 234.7 g Saturated Fat: 59.1 g Carbohydrates: 580 g Sugars: 270.9 g Sodium: 6.7 g Protein: 64.2 g